Monday, March 06, 2006

Beach Running

My legs have been killing me, so last week I went downtown between Negotiations and Market class and bought a new pair of running shoes. I actually found my model and size, which as anyone who's a runner knows, you usally have a fair affinity for your current shoes, and just tend to replace with the same model over and over again. I believe this is the 15th or so pair of Nike Air Pegasus that I've bought; averaging two pairs of runners a year for 10 years (have I been running that long?) and take away a few for the time that the Pegasus was stopped and I was forced into Nike Air Triax (a comparable Bowerman line shoe).

Anyways- my legs were feeling fantastic on my runs last week after I bought the shoes, and today I took a risk of it being low tide and ran along the road beside the Irish Sea.

Then at the 20 minute point along this route I come to a path that leads to a beach, and; luckily me- the tide was low, so I got to run along the beach back. My shoes became filthy! Caked with mud and sand, water logged with salt water, and legs screaming in labor from running on sand, but totally worth it, running along the beach in the sun as a start to my day!

When I got back the DART station along the beach (DART is Dublin's answer to the subway), I found that due to construction, my path back to the main road was blocked! The sea waves lapped the wall of an old structure. I had to traverse a ledge against a wall to a place where I could climb it, and walk along the top of the wall back to the road!

It was a great adventure!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

once upon a time, a long time ago, i had a pair of Nike Air Pegasus for Women. but i'd bought them because i liked the way they looked, but i didn't really use them for running. and one day they wore out and i've never had a pair since.

Monday, March 13, 2006 10:53:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home