Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Year of the Good

OK- another year is passed and now it’s coming into 5765…
Which reminds of the old joke- it’s the Chinese year 4701- that means that jews had to live 1064 years without going for Chinese food.

This is a time for celebration and rebirth and renewal and looking over the last year and what’s been accomplished.

Given that I just had a birthday not 2 months ago- where I carefully examined my progress and attainment of my goals over the previous 12 months- I see what a disparity 2 months make!

I feel hopeful, confident and energized about the coming year! I feel like this past I’ve done some good growing and am moving into the direction of where I want to be - I hope everyone else is also moving in a forward direction- it must be simply awful to be moving in a backward direction- and of course- being powerless to stop it.

  • Sometimes we forget just what a safe little cradle we have in North America. There are people living in abject terror in Iraq, Russia and Israel. There’s strife civil war and people being butchered in the Sudan. A very smart (and pretty) lady mused the other day “Why is it that US ran into Iraq with guns blazing but are totally indifferent to the Sudan? It’s because Sudan has no Oil to grab.” And I lament that she’s probably not far off the mark.
  • North Korea is absolutely nuts! Just goes to show that while Sino-Communism is dangerous, it’s nothing compared to pseudo-Sino-Communism!
  • China is STILL in Tibet!
  • Children even in my city are starving to death…

But look at the progress that we have made: (not in the last year but in general)

  • China is no longer being a whiney little bitch (or major threat).
  • The Civil war in Cyprus is cooled through police action of the West (yay Canadian Armed Forces!)
  • The Cold War between NATO and the Commies is long gone (North Korea aside).
  • Israel has made peace with Egypt.
  • Ireland still is at peace.
  • Hitler, Stalin and Rick James are still dead
  • Cole Haan is coming out with some really nice products this year.
    And closer to home….
  • My sister got into the Doctoral program of her choice.
  • My other sister bought a house
  • My OTHER other sister is successfully raising two children and hasn’t lost her sanity despite best efforts by her very adorable yet indefatigable son.
  • My father is not in love. He’s in Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuurve- and is walking around with little hearts in his eyes and a silly grin on his face.
  • My mother has achieved her dream of opening an antiques store and its kicking ass!

4 bad to 14 good.
Looks like he good wins again this year.
Happy new year all.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

blushing blushing... let's see if i can get some even more interesting adjectives in there for next time ;) s.k.

Friday, September 17, 2004 11:02:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home