Thursday, March 09, 2006

Destination: Shangahi

As of the day after tomorrow, I'm off to China.

Actually- first things first- I'm off to Amsterdam first- and this will be my first time in mainland Europe (although I've heard it argued that UK is now considered mainland because the Chunnel makes it accessible by train).

Then- my class and I are off for 8 days to Shanghai to hob-nob with dignitaries, network with business owners and rub elbows with academics at the Business School there.

As you might imagine, I am totally psyched!
I'll blog about it after I get back.

I will, however, be missing Purim, and an authentic Dublin St.Patrick's day- not that I would participate in Purim revelry anyways- I've been too busy to seek out other MOT.

Do you think there's any correlation between the occurrence of St.Patrick's day and Purim? Is it just the goys' turn to get wasted? They have fewer rules though- they don't have bound to the same protocols of drinking until you can't tell the difference between a curse for Mordechai and a blessing for Haman! Or is that the other way around?
*hic*

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get yourself a hamantash to eat on the plane as a snack. enjoy china, i think you should definitely bring up the whole torture & flaying of cats & dogs for the clothing industry with all those stupid diginitaries. just start screaming Peanuuuut! in random places and cause an international incident... -B

Thursday, March 09, 2006 1:55:00 p.m.  
Blogger Mike said...

Hamentash??? Where am I supposed to get Hamentash in Dublin, Amsterdam or China??? I'd kill for a little triangle pastry! Mmmm! Cherry one, please.

Anyways- If I bring up torture and flaying with them, I'll probably have the chance for a first hand experience of it, I can't take much torture and flaying- after all- I'm not Jack Bauer...

Thursday, March 09, 2006 2:17:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey mah brothah
have fun in shanghai -- eat lots of shanghai noodles.
hey, wait. i bet they don't even have shanghai noodles in shanghai. it'll be one of those filthy filthy westernizations ...

well, have a great time.

love you lots.

yuh sistuh

Thursday, March 09, 2006 5:30:00 p.m.  
Blogger Mike said...

I'll bring you guys back something nice... how about Pirate DVD's of CSI?

Thursday, March 09, 2006 9:20:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home