Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Reserved Parking

It's been a while since my last blog update, and it's been partially because of my overwhelmingly busy time at work, and partially just plain old sloth.
Here is a brief run-down of recent events:

I worked a great deal.

I talked with a woman at University College of Dublin- assessing suitability for their MBA program next year. We both agreed it might a good fit. It's a good program, however- the name of the school is unfortunate. It's named after the patron- The Michael G. Smurfit School of Business. Ouch! Why don't I just go to the GI Joe Academy? Maybe they have a spot at the Cabbage Patch Kids University.

I went to the Symphony on the week end with my beady eyed friend. Pinchas Zuckerman was the guest conductor and the violinist who regaled us with a very spirited Mozart Concerto. It was completely enthralling! This sweaty little Jewish man kept cracking his knuckles and setting his violin into a frenzy of notes that alighted our senses and sent us into a transcendent state.

Speaking of alighted senses- went for Korean BBQ. Wow! Big plates of raw meat- fish, chicken and beef were put before us- which we throw on the BBQ ourselves. When the plate gets finished off- they give us more! What a simple, yet truly delightful experience! It was additionally delightful that the line up for a table was a good 20 person long endeavour. I called 3 hours before and booked a reservation, and got shuttled right to our seats as we entered. I highly suggest reservations for all who have the foresight for it!

I have been reading about a Homeless Protest in Queens Park- people camping out in Queen's Park- so on my run this morning decided to swing by Queen's Park and hopefully see something interesting- maybe get some fodder for my blog.

What I saw- I was totally unprepared for. It went way beyond what I would have even thought would be the case from what the media kept telling me.

I saw no one. I ran through Queens Park when this huge group of Homeless activists and affordable housing interest groups were supposed to be camping out- and they were no where to be found!



Maybe they forgot to make reservations and got turned away.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home