Monday, October 25, 2004

Starbucks Pride

On my way to work I often stop at Starbucks- as I like to call them The Coffee Nazis! No coffee for you! NEXT!

The reason being- go in to your local Starbucks and ask for something simple; A medium coffee. They will fight you to the death insisting hat there is no Medium coffee- there’s the Venti size and then there’s the choice of Mild or Bold Coffee.

I remember the first time I went into a Starbucks and ordered a Medium Coffee.
“You mean Venti?”
No, Coffee, please.
What size
Medium.
Venti?
Not today- just the coffee.
What size?
Medium.
Venti?
Erm… Do you have coffee?
Yes. Would you like one?
Please.
What size?
Venti?
No thanks- just the coffee.
What size?
Medium.
Venti.
huh?
Venti?
What is Venti?
It’s the size.
So you have no Medium- you just call it Venti?
Yes.
Okay- can I please have a Me-- VENTI coffee?
Mild or Bold?
No thanks- just the coffee…

So today- feeling under the weather I stopped at a Starbucks on my way to work and ordered a Venti tea.
Black?
No- I’m jewish.
What would you like to order, Jew?
A tea.
What kind?
Erm- the kind you drink?


I think I got Earl Grey Tea.
A yes- another drink forever associated with a Star Trek Captain.
Just like coffee black with two sugars and of course- Blue kool-aid.

For some reason- whenever I drink tea when I’m sick- I immediately feel better.

So if this blog seems to be discombobulating- it’s simply my cold- and I don’t even have my beady-eyed sleepy friend in town to help nurse me back to health!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home