Friday, April 29, 2005

Confessions of a hero

We saved the Hospital!

Yesterday I was sitting in the Atrium at the Toronto General Hospital with my beady-eyed friend. The Atrium is a huge glass room on the fourth floor of the TGH over looking Gerard and University.

My back was to the wall and Beady and I were talking about my friend Sterling who I told her likes to hit on me just to watch me squirm. Anyways- Beady was right in the middle of disagreeing with me about something (as usual) and suddenly- she gasps and said “Look! The Light!”

I turned around to see the light fixture on the wall burst into flames. Hungry Orange flames lept 2 meters into the air.
I immediately bolted for the fire alarm which was at the door. Beady sped after me- I pulled the Fire alarm and Beady ran to the nurse’s station- and I sped after her. We told the nurses about the fire and went back to the Atrium to retrieve our coats. When we got back- the fire had burned itself out and there were thick meaty black smoke stains around the fixture on the wall.

Acrid smell of burnt plastic filled the corridors of the otherwise ethereal scent of the hospital. 15 minutes later- the firemen showed up.

That- my friends is how Beady and I- simple and reluctant heroes saved the hospital.

Now what’s this I hear about a cash reward?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home