Thursday, June 02, 2005

Don't bulls-it a bulls-tter.

I was in my favorite coffee shop yesterday. I was reading for work- and yes- actually wanting to read for work and a young man at the next table starts a conversation with me.

I immediately didn't like something about him- you know that sometimes people just seem a little off? Anyways- this young man was in his mid twenties, tall, lanky with shaggy long brown hair that covered his eyes, and bad skin. It wasn't his appearance that just seemed off about him- it was different. I was just reading in the careers section of the paper that morning that the mark of a leader is one who is friendly to every one- even though he or she doesn't like. So- I was putting it into practice.

Anyways- he starts telling me his life story- and it is all just lies! Lies lies lies lies lies! He told me he has an MBA from Bedford. He tells me he's in Medical School at U of T. He tells me he's writing two of books, publishing a CD and has a side business doing marketing consulting for health care product start ups.

I'm a sweet guy- and I don't lie to people. And until a few years ago- I didn't suspect others did, but there's one thing that I'm glad about with my business experience, and that's the ability to detect bulls-it quickly. The need for someone to bullsh-t me in that context is beyond me. I didn't want to find out though- I rushed through my coffee and got out of there before he sarted to sell me Amway.

It was great coffee though.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I concur about Bulldog...
BEST. AMERICANO. EVER.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005 3:51:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home