Thursday, August 25, 2005

City Optical is a Bad Optician

I just wanted to let everyone in Toronto know that City Optical is a horrible place to get glasses. OK- not just that- I'm trying something a little vindictive. I'm making sure that when the site gets indexed by search engines, it will let everyone know that City Optical is a bad optician.

They care nothing about their customers. If you have a problem with your order from City Optical- you're unable to get help, it's against the corporate policy of City Optical.

To Surmise- if you go to Go to City Optical, know that you're deal with a bad retain operation, because City Optical is a Bad Optician!

Now- that I've sufficiently stuffed the key words into this blog, I'll share my view of retail marketing. I've been doing Marketing for a few years now, and have some good skills under my belt, and it's simple law of marketing: if you want to be successful in marketing, you have to make your client happy.

Putting in clauses such as no refunds, all sales final etc... will only frusterate your client when they run into trouble (which some invariably will). These clients, in return will tell everyone possible that your operation is a flawed enterprise, with perverted priorities, and are scammers who rip everyone off and sodomize house pets... All except the last one would be accurate (and the last one may be accurate on an individual case by case basis. I'm not judging...).

Now- if you have a less adversarial customer policy, the client won't feel like they have an enemy in you. A successful relationship will be fosterred, loyalty will be nurtured, and Viral marketing will commence, leading to a long and steady pipeline of loyal customers who will trust your brand.

Being a mainly B2B boy myself, I've always been hip to the jive that you either provide the best possible service, or you will choke and die- quickly. I've always thought that when it comes to B2C- you can go either way- you can offer a premium service at a premium cost, or you can charge the base cost and let the dumb poor shmoes who use your service choke on it. Now I'm more certain than ever- if you don't keep your clients from choking- they will choke you in the end, either by litigation, or by removing the rug from under you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home