Friday, December 16, 2005

Who's up for an obscure Simpson's reference?

Quick blog...

Two more exams after today.
Ouch! My computer has a stupid virus! Luckily- Dell's screw up will save me! My old hard drive on my new computer melted two months ago so they sent me a new hard drive- but with 40G capacity instead of 80. They finally sent me the 80 two weeks ago. Yes- I know- a one month isn't that great service- but my contact there went on vacation, and sent it to the guy covering for him, who let it slip through his fingers.

I can't really blame anyone. A man needs his vacation- and someone else's cases are just dropped on you- you tend to not see the forest through the trees as far as importance goes and prioritizing different files- plus now the poor guy probably had double the work load... So I wasn't mad- just eager to get an 80 Gigger again!

The wonderfully patient, competent and charming lads and lasses at ILTG (That's the techie department) sorted me grandly. (that's Leprechaun speak for fixed it up good).

so- I'm moseying around with my new hard drive and I keep getting pop ups. "Come play Poker!" says one! "Are you hard enough?" inquires another. "Get your credit authorized instantly!" says another...

So- and installation of MS Spyware, Spybot S&D, and Ad-Aware later- they're not budging.
Luckily- ITGL made and saved their Ghost image from weeks ago to put the new hard drive in seamlessly, so getting rid of my new friends is going to quick and easy job... One that would not be possible if Dell hadn't sent the wrong hard drive initially.

Ahhhh. I think the word serendipity doesn't cover it- that's good fortune unexpected- but for good luck coming unexpectedly from bad events... there's only one term I know.

Dell pulled a Homer Simpson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home