Monday, April 24, 2006

A Biting Pain

I am training for a half-marathon.
No- really. I haven't decided which one, but I finally found a tool in Google Earth that allows the user to measure a path on the map- so I've been mapping my runs and lo and behold- I've been running half-marathon distances on the weekend anyways- so now I'm just trying to get faster!

I was all eager and gun ho until last week when I developed a sprain! But luckily- I am not worried about losing any training due to it because I have sprained... my tooth.

I just got back from the dentist because my tooth was bugging me lately, and she poked and prodded and couldn't understand why I was having pain until she asked the million dollar question: "Did you bite down on anything hard lately?" I had in fact chomped down on a popcorn kernel that was unpopped last week and apparently- it can sprain your tooth.

Her advice- ibuprofen and rest it- but no slings or tensor bandages :P

If you do want to track my progress training for the half marathon- check out my runner blog care of the cool technology at coolrunning.com.