Thursday, June 16, 2005

Playing with knives can help mend relationships...

Last night I talked with my eldest sister.

That in itself is an unusual feat. As many who know me know the relationship is not acrimonious, but more, we sometimes have trouble connecting.

I don't blame her for anything, and I am certain she doesn't blame me for anything, but we had some tough times a few years ago, and sometimes that's a little tough to get past.

However- we talked last night and we got along- I even- dare I say- enjoyed chatting with her!

What did we talk about- you might ask? Well- we talked about one potty mouthed, dirty brained author of great books. No- not Phillip Roth. No- not Charles Bukowski either. No- Not Jane Jacobs, but I am reading The Dark Age Ahead right now and enjoying it... Yes! We talked about Anthony Bourdain!

We were talking about how I'm moving to Dublin and am going to have to lay the smack down on people leaving their dirty dishes everywhere... and then I quipped that I could just scream at them "Clean up your mis-en-place or I'm going to f*ck you in your a*s!!!" at which she cackled and said "You sound just like Anthony Bourdain!!!!" who is exactly the source of that colorful little phrase.

Anyways- from that we started talking about food and restaurants- and now she's looking forward to getting back to Toronto so she can try Lee's. She- like the remaining 90% of us haven't had the means for Susur, so at least we can get him Walmart prices. Then again- $100/head isn't exactly Walmart prices- but at least I don't have to make the choice- "Feed myself for the next month, or eat the appetiser..."

Tough call...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home