Monday, June 27, 2005

Thought for the day

There is no 'I' in team, but there's plenty of T & A.

I started reading Bryson's A Short History of Nearly Everything. I got through the first 2 chapters- I don't think I'm going to finish it. It's all just science and to me science doesn't explain anything interesting. The things I am interested in getting explained to me is why do we approach science the way we do? Why is culture the way it is? How do people's minds work? How does society function? Why does it function that way? Where does it fall short?

All those questions are raised by Jane Jacobs in The Dark Age Ahead which I am totally digging- and Malcolm Gladwell's Blink. So- before any of you ask- I am NOT working for Amazon now.

Enough about the brain! Let's move down to the stomach! I found the ultimate burger! Brie cheese, Sauteed onions (but not too many that give you the toots) and oven roasted tomatoes. mmmmm! Beaconsfield across the street from the Drake. And no- I'm not working for Beaconsfield either.

I just hope the burger wasn't made with that filthy, disease-ridden, low-low quality American beef... Well- that's what you get when you import beef and take away jobs from honest hard working Canadian cattle farmers...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home