Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Middle in Manitoba

I have three sisters.
The Eldest, in Davis California, is an astute and caring mother of two wonderful children who are the pride of the family.
The middle is a cerebral, silly and totally capable actress/novelist/theatre make up artist/real estate investor who is so energetic and talented and yet sweet and tender that she just makes the world around her light up.
The youngest (who is still older than me) is doing her PhD in Engineering in Germany is incredibly candid, driven and at the same time- silly yet intellectual and is surprising almost everyone with the success she's attaining with her new path in life. Almost everyone- because we always knew we'd see big things from her...

All of them are older, and all of them are some of my favorite people in the world who I am utterly crazy about!

Come September, after I leave for Dublin- there will only be one left in Toronto- the middle one. She's remarked before that she feels a little left behind, but it's hard to actually feel that way after she left us all behind a decade ago to teach English in Japan, only to return 3 years later with a fluency in Japanese and a secret night-time career as ninja assissin.

Right now the Middle one is in Manitoba as the make-up person on a film shooting in Manitoba. I know she reads this blog from time to time- so I figure it's time to give a cross-provincial border shout out to the "muh sistuh".

Hello Muh Sistuh!

Everyone will be coming into Toronto for my dad's wedding happenning soon. He's renting out one of the trendiest restaraunts in the trendy Yorkville District for the wedding and reception, and then his girlfriend will make an honest man out of him.

I've been asked to make a toast. Here's what I have so far.

My father first met his girlfriend and now wife at a conference. but enough about him- let's talk about me....
and then I drone on for 45 minutes...

I hope he likes it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home