Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Starting off on the Smurf foot

Today I got an email asking me for a short bio which I expect they will circulate among my classmates. I submitted the following:

Mike's funny accent can be explained that he hails from snowy Canadian depths! Mike has 7 years experience in Internet Tech Industry, 3 as a coder, before moving over to Sales and Marketing management side of things. He is currently finishing off a contract as the Business Development Manager at a web development company. Mike was a Political Science Major in University, before doing a Post Grad Diploma in computers. His main interests are fitness and reading, particularly non-fiction. Mike is not married and to the best of his knowledge has no children.

I am half expecting to get an email back from the administrator:

Mr.Iseman,
Your bio wasn't totally suitable for our needs. I'm going to make a few editorial changes- I just hope that you take Accounting with Professor McRae more seriously than you took this bio.

eep!

Well- at least I culled some of the hobbies that included "making hilarious body noises and mysterious body odours" and listing as one of my Languages as "Ghetto and Marketingspeak".

Although part of me is totally freaked out, another part is completely psyched. It's going to tough work, but I've been through tough work before and my sense of humor allowed me to keep my sanity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home