Saturday, December 24, 2005

It's over!

Ahhh! My exams are all over now.

Actually- they were over last Monday, but this is my first post since.

Now I can again concentrate on Assignments, but at least they require less time and energy than exam preparation.

I've learned so much over the semester! I still can't believe just how much I'm learning, how interesting it is, and what a blast it is! I really am so convinced that taking a year out to do an MBA was the right decision.

Also- my elective choices for next semester has changed once again.
I am now taking Strategic Marketing, and Negotiations (which is nothing new), but also now am taking Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management, and was thinking of taking ethics as a for credit, then as an audit; but decided instead to take as an audit Business Planning and Project Management- which will probably be extremely useful to me in my career. More so than ethics.

Not to say that ethics is not important in business. One must always take ethics into account when facing issues both in and out of the boardroom, but I don't know if I really need an ethics course to have sound judgement when evaluating the ethics of a particular decision. However, in order to elicit sound judgement in project management, I think I would certainly like to have the course in my background.

So- I bought my books at the bookstore the other day. Got into an interesting conversation with the retail clerk in the bookstore. He said that he could never get interested in business- I told him I understood where he was coming from, and that a few years ago- I had no real interest in business either. He asked what changed. I told him I realized that business isn't just about the competition. It's not about trying to fuck other people over. It's about building relationships with others, and it's about solving puzzles using various information.

It did get me thinking about the reason Business did just suddenly interest me 4 years ago...

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

*appears out of nowhere*

Happy holidays!

*disappears*

Monday, December 26, 2005 1:17:00 a.m.  
Blogger Mike said...

Look out! A Drive-By-Greeting!

Oh wait- greetings are ok. Let me just change my pants though...

Monday, December 26, 2005 9:33:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey muh brothuh
glad to hear you survived the 'xams.
i finally wrapped on 'hades factor' and have recovered almost.
almost.

miss you and hope you have fun with the cripp and the shrinks.

-s.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 5:03:00 a.m.  
Blogger Mike said...

HAHA! Same old Katie :)

If I recall- I never got upset about you saying "Merry Christmas" at all- I was always (and still am) fine with that- I thought it was strange that you said "Everyone should celebrate Christmas regardless of faith. It's just a time for all people, Christian and not to celebrate the birth of Jesus..."



And not to let that override 2 things: I miss you too, Muh Sister! Lots! I'll call you soon! and Katie- Merry Christmas.

Thursday, December 29, 2005 7:08:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home