Friday, September 09, 2005

Lucky the Irish!

Everything that I was fearful about the Irish doesn't apply. I thought that they would disorganized and slow. This is not the case. I was shuttled to my room quickly after I arrived where I showerred and met my first MBA classmate. What a fellow! More on that later.

Everyone in Dublin is extremely friendly. Every one associated with the program is very friendly and helpful. They're curious about me, as I am about all of them, so I'm taking time to talk to and meet all 40 students. All people i meet are extremely responsive.

Last night I had my first real Irish experience. I went to a genuine Irish Pub (complete with Cricket Hooligans) and ate a Guiness Beef stew and chips. I wouldn't say it was great tasting, but it was certainly worth the experience!

This afternoon after the class photos and extremely informative lectures on CVs preparing us for our One -on-one CV consultations, I went for a quick run. It felt awesome! I then came back home and went to sleep. I have a dinner tonight with my classmates and am really looking forward to it.

I got my course materials for my case studies. I'll thumb through the accounting book and be sure to update you all on that.

It even rained today! Imagine that! Rain in Ireland!

Oh and my current events and political critique that you obviously are impressed and enamoured with will probably take a bit of a different turn- The news papers are plentiful here- at the lobby of the Smurfit School Main Entrance, and they are both papers! Financial Times and Wall Street Journal- European Edition!

So- let's give it a try- eBay announced toady it was intent on offering a bid to buy VOIP superstar Skype. Immediately- the stock reaction was falling 3.8%.




Could it be the valuation of Skype at $3 Billion???

Christie Blatchford couldn't have said it better.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're in Ireland for 2 days and you're already getting offers to join sex sites? ummm.... hello? hello? - B

Saturday, September 10, 2005 2:12:00 a.m.  
Blogger Mike said...

Katie- Aren't you paying attention?? I already WENT Irish! Jeeze!!!

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 5:44:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home