Saturday, September 10, 2005

Lazy Immigrant...

I am sitting in the immigration office on Saturday afternoon waiting en queue for my student visa. I am number 164 and it is now serving 98. Over the past hour they've served 49 people.

Here is the math problem for the GMAT:
If Mike is number 164 when he arrived at 1130, when there are 114 people in front of him, and there is now 66 in front of him at 1230 at what rate is the queue moving? Will Mike make it to the desk before they close at 1400? At what rate will Mike go mad?

Trick question: Beady eyed one can attest I went mad looooong ago! When I survive I'll update you. I'm meeting my friends at Trinity College at 1400 so I'll grab a bite then. This Irish (ding-dong! 54 more to go) dining habits has been great to me. I'm eating my fruits & veggies, but in far less quantity of food overall- as a result I can tell I'm going to lose my hard earned tub I developed over the past year... Not the beady eyed one ever complained. Not even when I pointed out my new belly and jiggled the jiggly. She never did complain, but I did cry as I watched her walk down the path to her office- I knew I'd miss her, and I do. Not just because she never complained about my tub, but because for a year she's been my best friend, my better half, my conscience, my greatest challenger, my death threat utterer, my frustration creator, my concubine, and the colour in my world.
Miss ya, kiddo. Love ya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home