Sunday, October 30, 2005

Banking on a Holiday

Finally- a day off! The last Monday in October every year is an Irish Bank Holiday.

It's also the day of the Dublin marathon. In celebration- I went for a nice run (80 minutes) to the US embassy and back.

OK- I lied. It wasn't nice. It was miserable! It was cold, and poured rain on me half the time, and I had a head wind on the way back- but MAN! Did it feel good to just get out there and run.

Many in the program is seizing the holiday opportunity to get out of town, or lay about. I wish! I am taking the opportunity to catch up on Finance, Accounting, and to get done a marketing memo for next week.

Not that I'm complaining. I am having a blast, and despite the toughness of it- I'm certainly going to emerge from the MBA program with skills, confidence and resolve that I didn't have before- and it's not just rugby skills either.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey muh brothuh
i know what you mean about using the time to catch up --
yesterday was the end of daylight savings time
and
i didn't realize i had the extra hour until sunday morning.
i somehow managed to cram an entire day's worth of chores and busywork and household grind into that extra sixty minutes.
and to think most people used it to sleep ...
and then i went out for brunch (or as colin would say 'that's not brunch, that's lunch), and had the great delight of talking to my favourite smurf.

a note on the term 'shit-faced' -- some people now simply abbreviate it to 'faced' -- as in i'm going to go out tonight afterwork and get completely faced.
fyi.
iyi.

take care, muh brothuh. it's back to afganistan with me tomorrow.

-spacey

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 4:42:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home