Monday, October 17, 2005

Blank Checks

Ever have one of those days?

I had one last Tuesday.
I was having temporary personal issues with my team (who's great and I absolutely have no criticism of- hoenstly!) in a class (well because it's a professional team, maybe we should call it personel issues)... and because I was thinking of that- then when the professor was making the rounds- he called on me.

Mike? Any thoughts?
Um.... no.


I just blanked out. Wham. Everything I was thinking was just wiped! Yes, Smithers was experiencing a larger institutional problem that's common in manufacturing communities where the Engineers and the Operations have contempt for eachother. Smithers didn't help that by playing tree monkey with the wrong people (tree monkey in office politics- The people above see a smiling face- the people below just see an asshole)...

So Mike- any thoughts?
Yes. Several.
Ok--- er... care to share some of them?
No.
No???
No.
Um- why not, Mike?
I don't want to intimidate my classmates with my insight or take away from others who came to hte same conclusions or had the same views as me. I am empathy personafied, like a great manager should be. This is after all- Organizational Behavior.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Um- thanks. I'm a little confused on what a classmate face is though. Is it anything like a spray face? If so- I'm so there!!!

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 7:57:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

um wow... i guess your stress is leading you to discuss spray face publicly... i'm so sorry... -beady

Thursday, October 20, 2005 3:23:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home