Friday, September 23, 2005

Good News, Bad News, and Ugly News

The good news first!
I am safe and working hard! I wouldn't say this is the time of my life- I am working too hard for that- but I'm survivng, and the first semester- the really really tough one is 1/6 done.
The bad news:
I have been a bad blogger, and my blogging neglect will probably continue- I just have other priorities right now- like not failing Principles of Finance, Financial Reporting, Management Accounting and Business Economics.
The ugly news:
I haven't slept more than 6 hours a night since I got here, and am putting in 90-100 hours each week. It's gruelling! (but the ultimate reward is worth it). Oh yeah- and I'm totally freaked out that although I know I can get a handle on the problem areas if I have enough time to devote to nuturing the skills- I don't know how I will get the time to nuture all skills! I'm going to try my utmost though.

The good news:
I am in class with really amazing people and it's a decidedly cooporative environment. We all help eachother out. I am helping out my classmates, and they are helping me out. I am making friends with everyone.
The bad news:
I miss some of my friends back in Toronto- like the Beady eyed one.
The Ugly news:
None of my friends I am making here are as pretty as the Beady Eyed one... Not that they're ugly, but my Beady Eyed friend is gorgeous!

The Good News:
The Economist Intelligence Unit applied their intelligence and ranked Smurfit MBA as 52 in the world.
The Bad News:
We didn't crack top 50.
The Ugly News:
Blue Skin and White hats makes for a weird looking class photo.

The Good News:
The mystery of Alicia Ross has coming to a close.
The Bad News:
The closure doesn't have a nice ending.
The Ugly News:
I'm not certain if a better fence would make a better neigbor in this instance, unless the fence was chain link and barbed wire, a la Gitmo.

The Good News:
Prices for flights to and hotel stays in Huston have dropped.
The Bad News:
Rita is going to be the main tourist this weekend.
The Ugly News:
This might be a Katrina all over again "If you're rich and white- you take a flight. Poor and black- you take flack..."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww...gorgeous? lol. you forgot "and getting smaller..." muhahaha! but really, yer sooo sweet. ;)

Saturday, September 24, 2005 12:47:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home