Monday, October 24, 2005

Word Games

Some Irish words and phrases I'm exposed to and their translations into Canuck-speak.
Yer' man = that guy.
Stock = Inventory
Share = Equity

I am reading the Wall Street Journal and Financial Times (when I have time). Today I picked up The Wall Street Journal Europe and read a fascinating article by this year's Nobel Laureate Thomas Schelling on nuclear deterrence- the topic which he based his Game Theory on, which earned him his Nobel Prize for Economics.

I'm learning the basics of Game Theory in different topics- Managerial Accounting which uses Game Theory basics to predict costs in order to evaluate which course of action to pursue for the greatest return, and Human Resources Management which used Game Theory to explain the Prisoner's Dilemma, which illustrated how management and labor interests could be at odds, and how they might find a solution.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home