Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Day 3 and beyond

The more classes I take, the more that I am absolutely convinced that I have made the right choice coming to Europe for my MBA. Not just for the change of scenery, and the international exposure, but also because of the pace of the lectures and structure of them.

The European MBA has an older cohort with more experience- and particularly most have actual management experience. The Smurfit average age is 31, for example with 9 years experience. The classes are mostly case based, and seminar format instead of the teacher going on and on, as would be the case in North America to young classmembers who have little or no practical experience to place the information in context.

Anyways- nothing against the North American model, I'm just more and more sure that I made the right choice for me coming here.

Also- the one year out of commission didn't hurt either.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

when are we goin for drinks again, Mike? all the best, Des

Friday, September 16, 2005 11:53:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home