Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Student Life

It's strange adjusting to being a student again. Since I am now a Smurf, and a student again, I have had to make some lifestyle changes.

Not the least of which was that last night after my first day at school, I kinda felt like Pizza. Fine. I felt like pizza, but I didn't get pizza. I stayed home and heated up Chicken Korma which I ate while i read my marketing book.

Then I locked myself in my room and prepared for today's Organizational Behavior class. It's odd because it's really not Organizational Behavior; it's HUMAN behavior. It's not how organizations behave, it's how people behave. That's a rather misleading title, don't you think?

Currently I'm eating lunch between classes- This afternoon I have MIS, Managemenet of Information Systems. After spending 7 years in tech, with 3 of them as a developer, I'll be interested to know of what this course will cover and whether it will be new things, or just a different take on the stuff I already know. (A new perspective is always useful though)

Today we got adressed by the Dean of the Business School who introduced the new MBA Program Administrator. He's taken on Smurfit after being at INSEAD, so he has experience with really high ranking schools with excellent reputations, so his expertise will no doubt transfer to promoting the Smurfit Brand and reputation.

We've already had two people drop out of the course, and it's only the second day! No one has gone out in a blaze of glory. Nothing exciting like someone jumping out of their seat in the middle of Finance Class and crying "I don't care what Father says! I want to be a Jazz Musician!!!" and tearing out of the room cackling madly. As soon as the door closes behind the outburster, the professor says "... and if you'll see for the fiscal quarter of 3 in 2002, the Price to Earning ratio has increased by 13% over over previous quarters..."

Now if you'll excuse me before class, I have to practice my clarinet... You know... just in case.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmm chicken korma. well, study til your eyeballs fall out of your head, rinse, then read just a little more and you'll be a full-fledged student again... hehe

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 1:17:00 p.m.  
Blogger Mike said...

You can't fool me- You just want my eyeballs to fall out so you can steal them and replace your own with ones that aren't so beady. :P

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 1:27:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yours are just as beady only prettier b/c they're green. hrmph.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 2:24:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beady or not, i hope all is is going well for you...

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 4:20:00 p.m.  
Blogger Mike said...

Yours are very Pretty, Beady Eyed Friend, and I miss ya!

And things are going well for me!

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 5:45:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i miss you too shmoops but did not leave that last anonymous comment (4:20pm) I left the one at 2:24pm. Seems you have an additional anonymous audience member who is wishing you well. :) xo

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 6:25:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh and btw, it's probably more like, how humans behave within and towards organization. ya know? it's probably mostly I/O Psych theory... don't fret. it's easy peasy. :)

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 8:48:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home